- Deal Price: $̶9̶9̶ / $49 (50% Saving)
- Deal Expiry: 30th June
- Platform: Mac OS/WIN (32-bit / 64-bit)
- Purchase: Plugin Boutique (w/ Free Additional proximity:EQ+ VST).
“Tape sounds FANTASTIC. I like Type A and C the best. Overall, the sound of it is outstanding!!!”BT – American music producer, technologist, audio technician, multi-instrumentalist
Add warmth and weight to your mixes with Softube’s Tape effect. Stick it on your master bus and watch your track come alive.
Softube’s tape provides realistic analog tape sound in your DAW – It includes three distinctly different tape machine types in one plugin.
- Type A is based on a classic Swiss high end reel-to-reel machine, known and loved for its precision and linearity.
- Type B is much more colorful — it’s a transformer based machine which adds extra weight and cream to the low end.
- Type C is based on a British tape machine with a distinct vintage vibe.
Softube’s Tape, produces very nice harmonic saturation when you drive the color amount. I personally have this as the first effect on the master channel and set exclusively to Tape Type C giving the tracks Kick & Bass some serious punch.
Tape speed wise, 30 ips (inches per second) and 15 ips are the most neutral speed settings that will deliver mastering grade results and will work great on the master bus. Speed settings 7.5 ips and below are extremely useful for creating warm and fat tones on individual tracks.
If you buy at Plugin Boutique you get a free Sonible proximity:EQ+ to sweeten the deal.